Achieving a perfect curly blow dried hair look is easy with the proper techniques and tools. Follow these steps for a salon-quality result at home.
Curly hair can be challenging to style, but with the proper technique and tools, you can achieve a flawless blow-dried look. Whether you have long, short, naturally curly, or straight hair, a curly blow-dry can add volume, bounce, and definition to your locks.
We will guide you through the process of achieving a perfect curly blowout step by step. We will also recommend some of the best products and tools to use for optimal results. Say goodbye to frizzy, flat curls and hello to a beautiful, bouncy hairdo. Let’s get started!
Why Curly Blow Dried Hair Is Trending
Curly blow-dried hair is currently trending, offering a stylish and voluminous look. Achieving the perfect curly blow dry involves:
- Proper heat and speed control.
- Wrapping curls.
- Avoiding tangles, as demonstrated in various tutorials available online.
The Rise Of Curly Hair Styles
- Curly hair has become increasingly popular in recent years, with many people embracing their natural curls and opting for curly hairstyles.
- Celebrities and influencers on social media have played a significant role in the trend towards curly hair, showcasing their own stunning curly blow-dried looks.
- The rise of the natural hair movement has also contributed to the popularity of curly blow-dried hair, encouraging individuals to embrace their unique texture and enhance it with a professional blowout.
Benefits Of Blow Drying Curly Hair
- Blow-drying curly hair can define and enhance the natural curl pattern, giving it a more polished and put-together look.
- It can reduce frizz and minimize the appearance of flyaways, resulting in a smoother and more sleek appearance.
- By blow-drying curly hair, you can create volume and lift at the roots, adding dimension and body to your style.
- Blow-drying curly hair can also help to speed up the drying process, making it more convenient and efficient compared to air drying.
How To Achieve A Salon-Worthy Blowout At Home
- Start by washing your hair with a hydrating shampoo and conditioner specifically formulated for curly hair. It will help to nourish and moisturize your curls, making them more manageable for styling.
- Apply a heat protectant spray or serum to your damp hair to protect it from the heat of the blow dryer.
- Use a wide-toothed comb or a detangling brush to remove any knots or tangles from your hair gently.
- Divide your hair into small sections and use a round brush to blow dry each area, starting from the roots and working your way down to the ends. It will help to smooth out the hair cuticles and create a sleek finish.
- Opt for a diffuser attachment with your blow dryer to accentuate your natural curls and boost volume. Select a low or medium-heat setting to prevent any potential damage to your hair.
- Once your hair is dehydrated, you can add any desired finishing touches, such as styling products or accessories, to complete your salon-worthy blowout.
Keep in mind that achieving a salon-quality blowout at home takes practice. Keep going, even if it takes a few attempts to perfect your technique. With dedication and patience, you’ll eventually master the art of the curly blow dried hair trend.
Preparing Your Curly Hair For Blow Drying
Achieve the perfect blow-dried look for your curly hair with these step-by-step guidelines. Learn how to properly dry, wrap, and style your curls to avoid tangles and get a gorgeous result.
When it comes to preparing your curly hair for blow drying, there are a few essential steps to follow in order to achieve the perfect style. Here are some tips to help you get started:
Cleansing And Conditioning Curly Hair:
- Start by cleansing your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo specifically designed for curly hair. It will help to remove any build-up and residue from your hair without stripping it of its natural oils.
- After shampooing, apply a moisturizing conditioner from mid-length to the ends of your hair. Leave the conditioner on for a few minutes to allow it to hydrate your curls deeply.
- Detangle your hair gently with a wide-toothed comb or your fingers while the conditioner is still in. It will help to minimize breakage and reduce frizz.
Applying Heat Protectant And Styling Products:
- Before blow drying, apply a heat protectant to your hair to prevent heat damage. It is crucial, especially for curly hair that is prone to dryness and brittleness.
- Next, apply a curl-enhancing styling product such as a mousse or a cream to define and hold your curls. Work the product evenly through your hair, focusing on the mid-lengths and ends.
- For added volume, you can also use a root-lifting spray or foam near the roots of your hair. It will give your curls a boost and create a fuller look.
Techniques For Detangling Curly Hair:
- Start by gently detangling your hair with your fingers or a wide-toothed comb to remove any knots or tangles. It’s important to be gentle and patient to avoid causing breakage or frizz.
- Divide your hair into sections and secure them with clips or hair ties. It will make it easier to work through your hair and ensure that every strand is fully detangled.
- While blow-drying, employ a diffuser attachment with your hair dryer to ensure even heat distribution and reduce frizz. Begin with a low heat setting and adjust it as necessary, gradually increasing the heat.
- Hold the diffuser close to your scalp and cup your curls in the diffuser bowl. Gently lift your rings towards your scalp to create volume and enhance the natural shape of your circles.
By following these steps, you can effectively prepare your curly hair for blow drying and achieve a gorgeous, bouncy blowout. Remember always to use heat protectant and styling products that are specifically formulated for curly hair to ensure the health and longevity of your curls.
Mastering The Curly Blowout Technique
Mastering the curly blowout technique is essential for achieving perfectly styled, curly blow dried hair. Learn tips and tricks on how to dry, wrap, and style your curls to avoid frizz and achieve a flawless curly blowout.
Achieving the perfect curly blowout can seem like a daunting task, but with the proper techniques and tools, you can master this hairstyle and be the envy of all your friends. In this section, we will discuss how to choose the suitable blow dryer and attachments for curly hair, as well as how to section and clip your hair for easier styling.
Finally, we will delve into blow-drying techniques for defined and voluminous curls. So, let’s get started and unlock the secrets to a flawless curly blowout!
Choosing The Right Blow Dryer And Attachments For Curly Hair:
- Ionic blow dryers: These dryers emit negatively charged ions, which help to break down water molecules and reduce frizz. Ideal for curly hair that tends to be prone to frizz and dryness.
- Diffuser attachment: This attachment is a must-have for curly hair. It helps to disperse the airflow and minimize frizz while also enhancing natural curl definition.
- Concentrator nozzle: If you prefer a sleeker look or want to straighten your curls slightly, a concentrator nozzle can help you achieve that. It focuses the airflow and allows for precise styling.
Sectioning And Clipping Curly Hair For Easier Styling:
- Divide your hair into manageable sections: This will make it easier to work with and ensure that each area gets properly dried and styled.
- Use hair clips or hair ties: Secure each section of hair that you are not currently working on. It will prevent it from getting tangled or interfering with the drying process.
- Start from the bottom: Begin blow-drying the lower sections of your hair and gradually work your way up. It will help you achieve a more uniform and polished look.
Blow Drying Techniques For Defined And Voluminous Curls:
- Apply a heat protectant: To shield your curls from heat damage, apply a heat protectant spray or cream throughout your hair before blow drying.
- Use a low heat setting: High heat can cause frizz and dry out your curls. Opt for a lower heat setting and increase it if necessary.
- Scrunch your hair: As you blow dry each section, scrunch your curls with your hands to enhance their natural shape and create more volume.
- Excellent shot: Finish off your blowout with a blast of cool air to set your curls and make them last longer. It will also help to seal the cuticle and add shine.
Remember, practice makes perfect when it comes to mastering the curly blowout technique. Experiment with different styles and products to find what works best for your hair. With time and patience, you’ll be able to achieve the perfect curly blowout every time.
Essential Tips For A Long-Lasting Curly Blowout
Achieve a long-lasting curly blowout with these essential tips. Learn how to properly dry and style your curly hair to prevent frizz and maintain volume for days. Get salon-quality results at home with the proper techniques and products.
Setting The Blowout With Cool Air And The Diffuser Attachment:
- Use the diffuser attachment on your blow dryer to evenly distribute air and prevent frizz.
- Start by drying your hair with the relaxed air setting to set the shape of the curls.
- Gently cup sections of your hair with the diffuser, lifting them towards your scalp to enhance volume.
- Move the diffuser around your hair, focusing on the roots and mid-lengths to ensure even drying.
- Avoid touching or scrunching your hair too much while blow drying to prevent frizz and maintain defined curls.
Using The Right Brushes And Combs For Finishing Touches:
- Choose a wide-toothed comb or a brush with flexible bristles to prevent breakage and preserve the shape of your curls.
- Avoid using fine-toothed combs or brushes with stiff bristles, as they can cause frizz and disrupt the curl pattern.
- Use the comb or brush to gently detangle your curls, starting from the ends and working your way up to the roots.
- To add volume and definition to individual curls, use your fingers to twist and separate them gently.
- Finish off by lightly tousling your hair with your fingers to create a natural-looking, effortless texture.
How To Maintain And Refresh The Blowout Throughout The Week:
- Before going to bed, loosely twist your hair up into a pineapple or high bun to protect and maintain the shape of your curls.
- Use a silk or satin pillowcase to reduce friction and prevent frizz while you sleep.
- In the morning, spritz your hair with a refreshing curl spray or a mixture of water and conditioner to revive the bounce and definition.
- Gently scrunch your hair with your hands or use a diffuser on low heat to reactivate the curls.
- If needed, use a small amount of lightweight curl-enhancing product to redefine any frizzy or limp curls.
Remember, with the proper techniques and products, you can achieve a long-lasting curly blowout that will turn heads wherever you go. Take care of your curls, and they will reward you with beautiful, voluminous hair that lasts all week.
Common Mistakes To Avoid When Blow Drying Curly Hair
Avoid these common mistakes when blow-drying curly hair to ensure a successful and healthy outcome. From using high heat to rushing the drying process, these tips will help you achieve the perfect curly blow dried hair without causing damage or frizz.
Curly hair can be beautifully styled with a blow dryer, but there are some common mistakes that you’ll want to avoid to achieve the best results. Here are some key issues to be aware of when blow-drying your curly locks:
Overuse Of Heat And High-Speed Settings:
- Using too much heat or high-speed settings can damage your curly hair. Opt for lower heat and airflow settings to protect your strands.
- Excessive heat can lead to frizz and breakage, so it’s essential to find the right balance when blow-drying curly hair.
- Heat protectant sprays or serums can be a great addition to your hair care routine to shield your hair from the heat of the blow dryer.
Incorrect Brush Or Comb Usage:
- Using the wrong brush or comb can cause damage and disrupt the natural pattern of your curls. Avoid using brushes with metal or rough bristles that can create friction and promote frizz.
- Wide-toothed combs or brushes with softer bristles are best suited for detangling and shaping curly hair without causing damage.
Not Using Enough Products For Heat Protection And Definition:
- Heat protection products are essential for preserving the health of your curls while blow drying. Apply a heat protectant spray or serum to shield your hair from the heat.
- To enhance the definition of your curls, consider using a styling gel or mousse before blow drying. These products can help create more defined and bouncy curls.
Remember, taking good care of your curly hair while blow drying is crucial for maintaining its health and natural beauty. By avoiding these common mistakes and using the proper techniques and products, you’ll be able to achieve beautiful, frizz-free curls with your blow dryer.
The Best Products For Curly Blow Dried Hair
Discover the best products for achieving the perfect curly blow dried hair. Learn how to avoid frizz and keep your curls intact with these expert-recommended products.
Heat Protectant Sprays And Creams:
- Heat-protectant sprays and creams are essential for maintaining the health and integrity of your curly hair while blow-drying.
- These products create a protective barrier that helps to minimize damage from heat-styling tools.
- Look for heat protectants that contain ingredients like argan oil, shea butter, or keratin, which add moisture and nourishment to your curls.
- Apply the heat protectant evenly through your hair before blow drying to ensure that every strand is protected.
Styling Mousses And Gels For Added Hold:
- Styling mousses and gels are excellent products for achieving a curly blow-dried hairstyle with added hold.
- Mousses create volume and definition, while gels provide maximum hold and control.
- Apply these products to damp hair before blow drying, starting from the roots to the ends.
- Use a wide-tooth comb or your fingers to distribute the product evenly and create a more natural-looking finish.
Finishing Oils And Serums For Shine And Frizz Control:
- Finishing oils and serums are the perfect final touch for a curly blow dried hairstyle, adding shine and controlling frizz.
- These products help to seal the hair cuticle, leaving your curls looking glossy and polished.
- Look for lightweight formulas that won’t weigh down your hair or make it feel greasy.
- Apply a small amount of oil or serum to the palms of your hands and gently run your fingers through your curls post-blow dry for a sleek and shiny finish.
Remember to choose products that are specifically formulated for curly hair, as they tend to be more moisturizing and provide better hold. Experiment with different combinations of heat protectant sprays, styling mousses or gels, and finishing oils or serums to find the best products for your unique curl type and desired style.
Happy blow drying!
Expert Tips And Tricks For A Perfect Curly Blowout
Discover the expert tips and tricks to achieve a perfect curly blowout for your hair. From proper drying techniques to avoiding tangles, this guide will help you achieve salon-quality results at home.
Creating the perfect curly blowout can sometimes be a challenge, but with the proper techniques and products, you can achieve beautiful results. Here are some expert tips and tricks to help you achieve the perfect curly blowout:
How To Create Different Curl Patterns With The Blow Dryer:
- Start with clean, damp hair: Make sure your hair is freshly washed and towel-dried before you begin blow drying. It will help to set the foundation for your curls.
- Apply heat protectant: Before you start blow drying, apply a heat protectant spray or serum to protect your hair from heat damage.
- Use a diffuser attachment: If you have naturally curly or wavy hair, using a diffuser attachment on your blow dryer can help enhance your natural curl pattern. Place sections of your hair into the diffuser and gently lift towards your scalp to create volume and define your curls.
- Twist and twirl: To create more defined curls, twist sections of your hair around your finger and blow dry them with a diffuser. It will help to set the ring and create a more uniform look.
- Excellent shot: Once you have dried each section of hair, finish off with a blast of cool air from your blow dryer. It will help to set the curl and add shine to your hair.
Styling Tips For Different Hair Lengths And Textures:
- Short hair: To achieve a curly blowout on short hair, use a small round brush while blow drying. Wrap small sections of hair around the bush and gently pull downwards to create volume and bounce.
- Medium hair: For medium-length hair, use a medium-sized round brush to create loose curls. Wrap sections of hair around the bush and blow dry from roots to ends, twisting the brush as you go.
- Long hair: To create voluminous curls on long hair, use a large round brush while blow drying. Wrap sections of hair around the bush and gently pull downwards to create body and movement.
- Fine hair: If you have fine hair, use a volumizing mousse or spray before blow drying to add texture and lift. Use a small round brush to create curls, focusing on the roots for added volume.
- Thick hair: For thick hair, use a paddle brush or wide-toothed comb to detangle your hair before blow drying. Divide your hair into sections and work with smaller areas at a time to make the blowout process easier.
Adding Volume And Bounce To Your Blowout:
- Use the right products: Choose products specifically designed to add volume and bounce to your hair, such as a volumizing mousse or spray. Apply these products to your roots before blow drying to create lift.
- Lift at the roots: To add volume at the roots, use a vented brush or your fingers to lift sections of your hair while blow drying. It will help to create lift and keep your hair from falling flat.
- Tease your hair: For extra volume, lightly tease your hair at the roots using a teasing comb or brush. It will help to create height and lift in your blowout.
- Finish with a texturizing spray: Once you have finished blow drying, lightly mist your hair with a texturizing spray to add texture and hold. It will help to enhance the overall look of your blowout and make it last longer.
With these expert tips and tricks, you can now achieve the perfect curly blowout every time. Experiment with different techniques and products to find what works best for your hair type and desired look. Remember always to use a heat protectant and be gentle when blow drying to minimize damage.
Frequently Asked Questions On Curly Blow-Dried Hair
Can Curly Hair Be Blow Dried?
Yes, curly hair can be blow-dried.
How Do You Blow Dry Your Hair To Make It Curly?
To blow dry your hair curly, follow these steps:
- Apply a heat protectant.
- Divide your hair into sections.
- Use a diffuser attachment on your blow dryer.
- Scrunch your hair upward while drying.
- Finish with a curl-enhancing product.
What To Do After Blow Drying Curly Hair?
After blow-drying curly hair, apply a leave-in conditioner and a styling product to enhance and define your curls. Avoid touching your hair too much to prevent frizz.
Why Does My Curly Hair Get Frizzy When I Blow Dry It?
Blow-drying curly hair can cause frizz due to the heat and airflow disrupting the natural curl pattern.
Achieving the perfect curly blow dried hair is now within your reach. By following the proper techniques, you can transform your curls into stunning, bouncy locks. Start by preparing your hair with heat protectant spray and section it carefully. Next, use a diffuser attachment on your blow dryer to dry your curls gently, maintaining their shape.
Avoid using excessive heat or speed to prevent damage and frizz. As you dry each section, wrap the curls around your fingers and gently release them to create defined, voluminous curls. Take your time to brush and style the top team, ensuring that your hair doesn’t overflow the brush.
Finally, if desired, you can use a curling iron to touch up the top sections and give your curls extra bounce. With these tips, you can achieve a salon-worthy curly blow-dry at home, leaving you with fabulous, enviable hair. So, go ahead and embrace your curls with confidence!